Mummy Trinh & Co. Recipe Book
Laksa Made Easy with Rice Vermicelli (Bun Gao Tuoi)
The quick way to make a simple laksa!
- big pot
- 908 g THE THREE SISTERS rice vermicelli (1 packet) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223961196917
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks or just chicken fillet, or any meat of your choice really
- 3-4 tablespoon Maggi Laksa Paste
- 1 can Savoy Coconut Cream
- 4 slices Vietnamese ham (Cha Lua) from your local Vietnamese supermarket, easily substituted with tofu
- 2 pieces lettuce to garnish it also goes well with beansprouts (optional)
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces, then place into a big pot, fill pot with approximately 4L of water, then boil until cooked
- Once the water has boiled and chicken has cooked, add in 1 can of Coconut Cream, then 3-4 tablespoons of Maggi Laksa Sauce to taste and wait until your Laksa soup boils
- Cook THE THREE SISTERS Rice Vermicelli in another big pot (as per instructions on packet, boil a pot of water, add rice vermicelli into pot, cook for 6 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes)
- Place a big handful of rice vermicelli into a big bowl, pour in some chicken laksa soup that you've just made
- Slice the Vietnamese ham, wash the lettuce, and add these ingredients as the final toppings to your beautiful simple laksa!