Mummy Trinh & Co. Recipe Book
Congee | Rice Porridge (Chao)
How to gourmet up some instant congee with egg and Vietnamese ham (Cha Lua)
Servings: 1 person
- microwave oven
- 1 packet VIFON Congee Rice Porridge (Chao) of any flavour Congee Lover
- 1 free range egg
- 1 handful spinach / lettuce / greens of choice
- 1 slice Vietnamese Ham (Cha Lua) from your local Vietnamese grocery
- Empty all sachets from VIFON Congee Rice Porridge packet into a big bowl
- Crack an egg into the bowl
- Submerge all ingredients in boiling water in the bowl, cover with plate
- Microwave for 1 minute
- Add a chopped up slice of Vietnamese ham and some washed greens into the bowl
- Enjoy a toasty warm meal!
As you can see, I loved this one so much that I had it 4 times in the last 4 days. The weather is getting a bit cooler here in Sydney of late.